A simple 5 step process allows you to put any link with any text from Slashdot to your web site:
- Go to Slashdot’s story submission page.
- Fill out the form and enter a link to your web site in the “The Scoop” edit field. Don’t forget to include your keywords in the link.
- Use a tool like the Web Developer extension in Firefox to convert the form action from POST to GET. This can be done with one click with the Web Developer extension.
- Click the “Preview story” button.
- Copy the preview URL and link to the preview URL on one of your pages. If the search engine spiders follow the link they will find a link from Slashdot.org to your web site.
You can use any keyword and any URL to get links with this method.
Should you use this method for your web site?
It’s never a good idea to exploit the security holes of other web sites. While it’s possible to get links through these methods, it’s highly unethical and it’s likely that these links won’t work for very long.
You’ll get better results if you focus on getting real links to your web site. If you are serious about your business, you shouldn’t use dirty tricks to promote your web site. These will backfire to you. Better use ethical web site promotion tools that help you to get long term results.