“We launched a new Yahoo! Search Crawler, Yahoo! Slurp earlier this week. In addition to crawling the Internet faster, our new crawler is more efficient at visiting websites. As a result, site owners will notice as much as a 25% reduction in the number of requests and bandwidth consumed by the crawler. […]
With this change of behavior in the crawler, you may see some shuffling of the pages that are included in the index and some changes in ranking as well.”
“Responding to concerns about click fraud in the online-ad industry, Google will be revealing to advertisers the number of invalid clicks on their ads.”
“This is my personal opinion. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not necessarily those of my employer. […] I wanted to make a video so that I could give a little more detail and nuance than you’d get from reading a sentence or two.”
MSN spiders have new names
The MSN Shopping bot is msnbot-products, the MSN News bot is msnbot-news, the MSN Image Search bot is msnbot-MM, the MSN Search bot is still just plain msnbot.
Search engine newslets
- Yahoo Korea launches Webzari , a graphical add-on to their SiteExplorer service.
- Yahoo licenses Zillow.com home-valuation engine.
- AOL serves up video to draw users.
- Google, the musical .
- Click-fraud settlement good for Google.
- Google rides the radio waves.
- Take a look a the old home page of Google founder Sergey Brin.
- Google’s Eric Schmidt in the 80’s with big glasses (video).